WestJet Airlines, one of the largest Canadian air carriers, has customers who are always on the move. These users needed a mobile experience that could keep up with their busy schedules and enable easy, anytime access to key features of westjet.com.
Robots and Pencils built a native iOS app that provides a top-of-the line experience for on-the-go travelers, while also communicating behind the scenes with WestJet’s advanced security systems and web services. After introducing the iPhone and iPad app, Robots and Pencils also developed an Apple Watch app that was among the first apps available when the Apple Watch launched in 2015.
What makes Robots and Pencils stand out is their unmatchable passion and knowledge of the mobile space. They continue to push the boundaries and never hesitate to be the first to create something new. It is thanks to their expertise that we were able to be among the first to launch an Apple Watch app, and why our WestJet iOS app continues to be a top-ranking travel app.Manoj Jasra, Director of Digital Strategy, WestJet
Serving customers who never stop moving
On the ground or in the air, WestJet customers can now perform essential tasks from their iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch. The app enables customers to:
- Search and book flights right from the WestJet app.
- Skip the lines by checking in up to 24 hours before a flight.
- Eliminate paper boarding passes with Passbook.
- Access WestJet Connect for complimentary and paid inflight entertainment delivered right to their personal device.
- Add countdowns to upcoming getaways.
- Check real-time flight arrival and departure times.
- Easily view travel advisories, information and FAQs.